Re: Hooker Chemical, Tacoma

Tom Madden

Edited

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 10:40 AM, Schuyler Larrabee wrote:

Not the recreational boat houses.  I meant the arrangement directly across the river, with the rectangular part in the middle, and long dividers parallel to the flow of the river. Are those to retain log rafts?

BTW, which way is the river flowing, L to R, or R to L?

It's not a river - it's a tidal basin. The first two images are file photos from an April 2017 article in the Tacoma News Tribune regarding cleanup of the Hooker site. The third photo is a panorama made from three shots I took in June 1960 the day I was discharged from the USAF. I'm not sure where I was standing (Point Defiance??) but the following shots were of a stuffed and mounted NP 4-6-0. Can't tell you how the panorama relates geographically to the Hooker site, but it does show the heavy industrialization of the Tacoma waterfront as well as numerous log rafts.

Tom Madden