Re: Adding some color to the fright car roster UP #57068

Bob Webber

It's not a freight car per se - it shows as a passenger car on the AAR classifications.  Having said that, my understanding is that any head end car - combine, baggage, express, mail, milk, etc. were fair game (here).

At 01:11 PM 4/10/2020, Nelson Moyer wrote:
You could post it to the plasticfreightcarbuilders group. They’ve been pretty quiet lately, except for the slap on the wrist I got for posting a coach-baggage combine moments ago. It is a NKP Car Co. hybrid brass-resin-plastic (mostly plastic) kit with brass sides, so I went with plastic because there was more plastic than resin. It raised the question, is a combine a freight car since it carries the markers on mixed FREIGHT trains and carries baggage and express packages? I’m curious what the sages in this group will opine.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [ mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of O Fenton Wells
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 12:59 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Adding some color to the fright car roster UP #57068

In an effort to add more color to my fleet I have revised a P2K flat car from black to the UP.  I have liked this car since I saw Bob Smaus version in MR a few years ago.  Then Ted's vol IV of Prototype Railroad Modeling highlighted these cars so off I went.  I modeled this as a 1951 repaint so no white lettering and used Ted's excellent decals.
This is my first use of the new Kadee flat car brake wheel and stem.  It is excellent and I highly recommend it.
I didn't put this on the resin builder site as it is a plastic car. Not sure where it goes, so here I am

Bob Webber