Re: Hooker Chemical, Tacoma

Tim,

Great photo, even if it is beyond our era. You can even see Hooker's 25T GE in the big photo (the on one of the tracks near the tank farm to the right of the photo). This locomotive shows in one of the other photos from the Tacoma PL Collection. And a Liberty Ship as a bonus. This is likely either the SS Woodbridge Ferris, or the SS Mahlon Pitney, both of which were cut up at Tacoma in 2010 after sitting derelict in Commencement Bay for years.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 10:27 AM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Jeff Helm pointed out this SPECTACULAR industrial photo from the 1960's
but the Hooker Chemical
plant here was built in the 1940's and lasted through the 1990's (at
least that long) so I thought
it is worth sharing around. If my stupid mail program truncates the long
URL you'll have to paste
it back together to see it in your browser. :-\:-)

cdm17061.contentdm.oclc.org/utils/ajaxhelper/?CISOROOT=p17061coll21&CISOPTR=32743&action=2&DMSCALE=100&DMWIDTH=2848&DMHEIGHT=2210

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*