Re: Poorly Secured Load?

Donald B. Valentine

   I'll go a bit further than Ron's suggestion that there is a "Do  ot Hump" placard, or will be before it
leaves town, on this load. Given the width of the tank, as evidenced by the inward taper of the tie
down bamds, one wonders if this car wold be moved in regualr service or as a "High Wide" move.
The blocking looks substantial which might mean that the bands are perfectly adequate if their
strength were known. Bob suggests the need for a third one. Where? In the middle? The ability
of another band in the middle would be badly compromised if ether of the end bands failed. I'd
prefer to see a double band on each end if there were any doubt at all, which there is with me,
about the two present but that may come from my 35 years of insuring railroads.

Cordially, Don Valentine