Re: AFE building NP car from LV Car

william darnaby

Some 40 years ago at an NMRA regional convention clinic Tony Koester remarked that “there is a prototype for everything but I reserve the right to laugh”.  For some reason that has stuck with me.

Bill Darnaby

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Benjamin Hom
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 3:08 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io; main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] AFE building NP car from LV Car

Tony Thompson wrote:

"There certainly is a prototype for a lot of odd things, but hardly 'anything.' And I will repeat my own personal mantra, that it's wise to model the typical and the commonplace, and restrain your modeler's joy in modeling the weird, the rare, and the one-off. That is, of course, if you are seeking to model reality."

"Modeling all of the exceptions does not make an exceptional layout." - John Nehrich

Ben Hom