Re: Hooker Chemical, Tacoma

tbarney2004

That would be the USS Intrepid at what would have been, I believe, Pier 86 @ W. 46th Street which is a few blocks south of the Manhattan Cruise terminal (today) which happens to sit on the Hudson River, which is incorrectly named being that it is a tidal estuary, as the tidal flow extends up to and past Albany 100 miles north.

Tim Barney - sitting about 1/4 mile from the old, long gone, O&W Kingston Branch and the Ellenville Station/Freight Depot (for some steam era content)

On 4/10/2020 7:13 PM, Donald B. Valentine via groups.io wrote:
     What a shame to cut up the Liberty Ships. I gather there was no interest on the Left Coast to restore one
as has been done on the East Coast with the John W. Brown out of Baltimore on which crusies are offered or
even just tours such as on the DDE USS Slater in Albany, NY or the USS Kidd in Baton Rouge, LA. IIRC there
is also a WW II flat top in NYC.

Cordially, Don Valentine