Re: Photo: Poultry Car

Ray Breyer

LPTC, please. The X didn't come until after 1926.

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

On Sunday, April 12, 2020, 11:44:07 AM CDT, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

I would guess the marks are LPTX. I can read TRANSIT on the sill under the door. I would assume this is a Live Poultry Transit Company car LPTX.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Apr 12, 2020, at 11:33 AM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: Poultry Car

A photo from the Digital Horizons (http://www.digitalhorizonsonline.org/digital/about) website:

http://www.digitalhorizonsonline.org/digital/collection/ndshs-dm/id/432/rec/375

Description: "A railroad freight car that is loaded with poultry from Jamestown, N.D.  There is a door in the center of the railroad car, and open air traveling compartments on either side for the poultry.  There are crates on the right, and buildings in the background." "No later than 1926"

Can anyone make out the reporting marks?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA