Re: June 1941. "Railroad yards. Milwaukee, WI

John Barry

Also of note is the URTX meat reefer marked for Dubuque Packing Company.  What color is that, orange?  Very different from the adjacent Northern Refrigerator to the right or the Milwaukee branded car to the left.  And the dark lettering contrasts with the white seen on the tonally similar MILW boxes in the forground.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

PO Box 44736
Washington, DC 20026-4736

On Sunday, April 12, 2020, 02:03:13 PM EDT, John Larkin via groups.io <jflarkingrc@...> wrote:

That shot highlights 3 Milwaukee boxcars with 3 different paint schemes.  I'm not a Milwaukee expert by any means but the cars appear to be built to the same plan.  That's one of the best pix I've ever seen illustrating how paint schemes can vary on what appears to be identical cars.

John Larkin