Re: Question re: upcoming Rapido USRA DS box

Dave Parker

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 02:44 PM, Bill Keene wrote:
This sounds like a good reason to pick up a number of undec cars, re-detail them along with painting and lettering. At least the starting point is good.
Except that it's really, really easy to over-represent the USRA cars if you are trying to build a prototypically accurate fleet.  In 1935 (my year of interest), only one in  ~16 B&M box cars was a USRA car.  It's the other 15 cars that pose the challenge.

I don't think  the percentages are much more favorable on any other road.  Remember, we are talking about 100,000 TOTAL cars (box, hopper, gon).

--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA