Re: Question re: upcoming Rapido USRA DS box

Bill Welch

Edited

Not sure why I would care about an as-built car Don when I am modeling 1955.

Also regarding the TH&B cars, after they were acquired from the parent New York Central they were rebuilt. This included re-fitting with what appears to be wood doors from the 50-ton SS USRA cars and the ladders had what I would describe as stiles applied to the sides with the drop grabs then re-installed on these stiles. The Rapido illustration does not as yet reflect these changes. The aforementioned facia boards are not shown either. Also keep in mind there were only two cars in the flashy Yellow & Black scheme.

Bill Welch