From: Bill Welch
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 11:56 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Riding the Rods Part 2 GN 9996

Here is a Great Northern truss rod boxcar inspired by a circa 1954 photo by the late Bruce Meyer built w/a Westerfield kit I ordered when Al announced he was retiring and selling his business. i ordered several kits "just in case" he did not find a buyer—Thank you Andrew Dahm! Pretty much out-of-the-box except for the scratch built Running Board system, and the brass wire and brass turnbuckles for the underframe. Decals are from the kit plus the GN medallion from a Microscale set as I wanted to exactly copy the reference photo I used. The only variance is the GN reweigh location because I could not find the "Q" I needed. Obviously need to install the brake wheel. Painted w/Badger's "Maroon Tuscan Oxide Red."

Bill Welch