Re: Question re: Lidgerwoods

Donald B. Valentine

Hi Tony,

     Jeez Tony, I thought that's what the made wheel lathes for! I'd like to see a photo of that. Thanks for
offering one.

      Not sure when it was retired but know where to check. The Rutland had one at least up into the
early into the early 1940's and rented it to the St.J. & L.C. from time to time as well. I'd agree that it
must have been really tough on the ballast cars especially when any curvature of the track occurred,
which we know it did quite often. The photos I have are evidence of that as well. Still neat equipment
to my mind, however. Steam operated and mechanical. What could be better??

My best, Don Valentine