Re: Question re: Lidgerwoods


Richard Wilkens
 

SP&S had two Lidgerwood's, L-1 and L-2 that were put in service in 1910. The machinery for L-1 was purchased from Northern Pacific in 1908 and the car was assembled by the SP&S from parts from wrecked Dirt Car No. 1071 which was destroyed at Vancouver in August 1910. Its not clear if the machinery for L-2 was purchased used or new, it was mounted on Columbia River & Northern Flat Car No. 331. Both Lidgerwood's were retired in 1938 on AFE 6383.

Rich Wilkens
Archivist, SP&S Railway Historical Society

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.