Re: GM&O and A&WP colors

Todd Horton

I have a not so great photo of a C of G

On Apr 14, 2020, at 11:29 AM, D. Scott Chatfield <blindog@...> wrote:

My friend Joe Sullivan asked me the following:

1.  What color were GM&O flat cars in 1952 - 1954 time period?  The 42' 50T "USRA-ish" ones.

2.  I am assuming that A&WP flat cars and GA RR gondolas (specifically the ones rebuilt from flat cars) of that period were freight car brown (Langley Jr., Hanson & Silcox won't argue) .  Does anyone here dissent?  Does anyone dissent from assumption that the GA/A&WP freight car brown resembled the L&N color, except maybe a bit more LIGHT brownish that pure oxide red?

3. Does anyone know or a photo of one of the few CofGa 40' 1937 door-and-a-half boxcars with SUPERIOR doors?

4.  There's an online rumor of the existence of HO scale Farmall tractor decals.  Does such a thing actually exist??

Thanks

Scott Chatfield