Re: Speaking of decals

O Fenton Wells

By the way has anyone used the K4 decals out of Dayton OH. I stumbled across them on eBay and ordered about 10 different sets.  They have some nice C&NJ, ACL( a surprising variety of ACL) and others including some interesting private tank cars that I needed for future projects.  I haven't use them yet but they are pretty crisply printed and look good on paper.  I'll et you know when I do the ACL or C&NJ cars coming up in my build shop.
If anyone has used them let me know what you think
Fenton

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 12:21 PM Richard Brennan <rbrennan@...> wrote:
At 08:05 AM 4/15/2020, Tim O'Connor wrote:
>All decals should be compared to good photos! Even a lazy vendor
>sometimes gets them right
>or perhaps partly right. I once tried to DOCUMENT my older decals
>including all of the small
>bits in each set and I found a few real gems, a lot of not so good,
>and plenty of "you've got
>to be kidding me!" I gave up after a while because it was so time consuming.

Tim has captured the issue:
- You can make a decal set that is exactly correct for ONE car...
- You can make a set that is relatively correct for a number of cars...
- You can put together a herald and some letters/numbers and call it a decal

...and if you really want to find the 'howlers';
Get out your magnifying glass and read the re-weigh data and other
fine print (if it exists) on your pad-printed RTR cars!!!

Richard
Richard Brennan - TT-west

Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd