From: Bob Chaparro via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 11:25 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Tamiya Flat Clear TS-80 spray can

As far as rattle cans go, I'm with Nelson on this: Tamiya and sometimes Krylon. Tamiya gives a finer spray compared to Dullcote and Model Masters.
The formula for Dullcote apparently was altered a few years ago and the current formula just doesn't seem to produce the same quality finish or as much "tooth" for weathering.
One trick I used to be able to do with Dullcote was to spray gray cement hoppers with it and then spray 70 percent isopropyl alcohol on the hopper a few minutes later. When dry this produced a nice chalky base from which to do further weathering. This no longer is possible.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA