Re: Boxcar Interior Door Color

Jim Gates

I would say that if, on a moderately to bright sunny day, you were looking at a boxcar with one open door from 87 feet away (12 inches in HO), the the color of the interior would be .. dark.

Jim Gates

On Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:54:29 AM CDT, Donald B. Valentine via groups.io <riverman_vt@...> wrote:

    I have worked around, in or for railroads for well over fifty years and have never seen a boxcar
in which the inside of the door was painted in any color other than that with which the exterior of
the car was painted, almost always a shade of brown. As far as the wood lining is concerned
other than the inside of a milk car I've never seen a car in which the wood lining was painted at all.

Cordially, Don Valentine