Re: Boiler Load On Flat Car

Nelson Moyer

Look at Resin Car Works web site at the pictures of the Kewanee boilers on flat cars for inspiration.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Allen Cain
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2020 4:17 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Boiler Load On Flat Car

Just got my Birchfield boilers from Multiscale Digital and they look great.

I have attached to photos of three boilers staged on a flatcar to simulate the load shown in the Birchfield Boiler photo that started this thread.  I used two HO and one N scale boiler and I think that they will look great.  And yes, the height of the car with the tallest boiler is within the NMRA standards with a little room to spare.

Now, can someone suggest materials and methods for tie downs?

Thanks,

Allen Cain