Re: Flat Car Load

Charles Peck

That would definitely  be handled as a special move.  Some roads could handle it, others
could not.  Engine, perhaps an idler or not, caboose.  Orders almost certainly would read
to NOT meet opposing train on double track.  Slow orders, walking speed through certain
bridges, etc.
Interesting for operations, maybe once a year or so.
Chuck Peck

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 12:44 PM Randy Williamson <pennsy@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I have an item I would like to make into a load for a HO 40' flat car.  The item measures out to 14' (HO Scale) width and the flat car deck is at 9' width.  Would that be allowable or is the item too wide for this flat car.

Thanks,

Randy Williamson