Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Flat Car Load

Elden,

The Southern had some special flat cars with a sort of table that was rotated up at an angle using hydraulic pistons. Like your G26S, these were used for pre-assembled turnouts, but I suppose they could have been used for a special paid shipment at need. I have a photo or two of them, but they were moving at speed and are not very sharp. I'm pretty sure they were also beyond our period of interest.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 3:43 PM Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Hudson;

Yes.  This is another diagonal loader on the PRR, this one a MW version, the PRR G26S, converted from a standard G26.  The G26 was a 65-footer, so it was specifically converted to accommodate a big turnout.

Elden Gatwood