U.S. Navy San Diego Boxcar

Andy Carlson

Yes, that is what I remember. Is the car pictured a former Navy car? Did many former Navy cars go into private RR's revenue use?
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Andy,

Are you thinking of something like this? Shenandoah Valley MW boxcar, still in service out of Staunton, Virginia.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 2:27 PM Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:
Folks-
There are about three of these cars preserved at Southern California's Orange Empire Trolley Museum. Still in Navy grey colors.

About 12 years ago Dan Smith and I saw some Navy 40' box cars out near Inyokern (Not too far from Ridgecrest) which had characteristics of both X29 and '37 AAR designs. I have never seen anything like this before and none since.
-Andy

On Sunday, April 19, 2020, 10:51:06 AM PDT, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

U.S. Navy San Diego Boxcar