Re: U.S. Navy San Diego Boxcar

Garth,

These are the cars ( Shenandoah Valley MW boxcar ) that were out in Inyokern. 3 of them.
I took quite a few slides and prints of them but would need to dig them out and scan them. One had burned with someone inside.

I have the Miner handbrake and gear from one in my collection out back. Andy was most helpful telling me how to get it off
sitting in the front seat of my truck with the heater on.

There was also an SP A-50-6 50' wood car in the yard, inside had been converted to an office.

Forgot the gentleman's name, have it in my notes with the photos, but his wife had fresh made cookies and milk for us after I got the handbrake off.

Dan Smith