Re: FARMALL TRACTOR loads

Mont Switzer

And of course there was the issue of the hot sun “warming” the seats on farm tractors without cabs.  According to a book I read this is why John Deere wen to the yellow seats; they absorbed less heat.  Flipping a Farmall seat over would take it out of the direct sun and make the covering more bearable when in use.

Before metal cabs you could buy a huge umbrella for you tractor.  Helped with the blistering sun.  They material faded out fast.

Before metal cabs farmers installed canvas winter fronts on their tractors so all of the engine heat was routed back to the driver.  It kept the front of your body warmer, buy your back will still as exposed as ever.

Montford L. Switzer

President

Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.

Fall Creek Leasing, LLC.