Re: Help with decals

hubert mask

Float the decal with micro set and draw the fluid out with a paper towel on the edge.  If you poke the decal with a knife it will show up when it drys.  Consider the type of paint.  It works better on gloss paints then tone it down with over spray will hide the film hopefully.    Main things is patients

Hubert Mask

On Apr 21, 2020, at 3:31 PM, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Looks like Pierre has the right answer.
Fenton

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 3:16 PM Pierre Oliver <pierre.oliver@...> wrote:

What paint did you use? And how long did you let it dry?
If it's Scalecoat you need to let it fully cure for 3-4 days.
It looks like lots of blushing, brush MicroSol(red bottle) and poke at all the blushing with a sharp pin or knife tip. You want setting solution in behind the entire decal.
It takes persistence

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 2020-04-21 3:10 p.m., Chuck Cover wrote:
Group,

I have problems with the decals on some of my freight car builds.  I have attached a photo of one of my models and in places you can see the decal film between the lettering where it ideally should be invisible.  On some models this does not occur, on others, as this D&H boxcar, there is some sheen visible.  Are there specific steps that can be taken to prevent this?  If this occurs after decal application, are there ways to make it disappear?  Thanks in advance.

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

--
Fenton Wells