Re: Help with decals

hubert mask

Stay away from solva set. It loves to eat most decal paper.  Micro set is not as harsh and gives you time to play with the decal until you get it set.

Hubert Mask

On Apr 21, 2020, at 6:37 PM, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Thank you to everyone who has responded to my questions.  I have a couple of steps that I can now try to get rid of some of that silvering.  The car pictured was painted with Scalecoat and I did not let it dry for the time suggested but it did dry in the Santa Fe sun for at least a day.  I will not rush it in the future.

A couple of other questions have come to mind.  Which decal setting solution is favored, Walthers Solvaset or Microscale Micro Sol?  On cars that I have already put Dullcoat over the decals, is there a way to get back to the decals and work to get rid the silvering?

Again thank you for your input.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM