Re: Bridge Girder On Flat Cars

Lloyd Keyser

I agree I can't believe this girder is not mounted vertically except the tie down is much easier and cheaper. Does any one have a picture of how the cross members that go between two of these girders are shipped. We always see the girders but never the rest of the structural parts. I assume (that word always gets me in trouble) that at least the vertical cross members are at least partially assembled and are shipped in a gon. Would like to see this from an over head shot showing how they are tied down.  Also the modelers don't seem to model this gon only a main girder.
Lloyd Keyser

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 10:31 AM Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

My immediate thought too, Brian.  What’s up with that?  There wouldn’t be any clearance issues with that girder if shipped vertically, as most are.

Schuyler

Surprised they laid the girder on its weak axis.

Brian J. Carlson

On Apr 22, 2020, at 8:55 AM, Kemal Mumcu via groups.io <kemal_mumcu@...> wrote:

Lots of stuff to observe here.  What I find most interesting is the difference in lettering application on these two identical CP flat cars.  I guess I'll have to build one of each!

From Vancouver Archives depicting Western Bridge Company, Vancouver BC.  About 1946.

Colin Meikle

https://searcharchives.vancouver.ca/uploads/r/null/7/6/764460/fcd71ef8-b040-4cc8-9517-2aa7a3ae1053-A13454.jpg

https://searcharchives.vancouver.ca/uploads/r/null/7/5/756215/2530ca8e-da3f-46fa-bae4-702c680cd22f-A13455.jpg