Re: Photo: PRR Boxcar

Brian Carlson

Who writes these captions?  Also, I find it odd that the Illinois Library system is reposting a photo that is on the steam era freight cars website. Looking back at the original post I don’t see Illinois having any claim to the photo ???

Brian J. Carlson

On Apr 22, 2020, at 2:37 PM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

Well, they got two letters correct in the description. This is one of the USRA boxcars assigned to the Pennsy. The car number if 45466 falls in with 2650 cars built by AC&F.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Apr 22, 2020, at 1:33 PM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: PRR Boxcar

A photo for the Illinois Digital Archives:

http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p16614coll41/id/23/rec/363

I'm guessing the car number is 15466 but I'll let you folks with better monitors decipher the number.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA