From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 6:41 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Barriger Library AC&F Photos

Rob Simpson wrote:

I don't think I've seen an insulated tank like this USOX 17021. Tennessee Eastman Corp. Holston Ordanance Works nitric acid loading.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/49618638478/in/album-72157649155982802/

     Used in the 1920s for heavy acids like nitric and sulfuric, supposedly to let vapors sink out the bottom. Or something. That explanation always seemed lacking to me. But they were common at one time.

Tony Thompson