Re: boxcars can be lined up on two tracks

Richard McQuade

What a great shot! Thanks, James. It is interesting to see how the cars are spread out. Looks like not all might be 40' cars. The shed where I worked was built after WW2 so all of our cars were coupled together in a continuous string and were over 99% CPR cars - all 40' steel cars.
The other interesting item about this is the roofing material used on the freight shed. This is the second shot I've seen of a large shed with tarpaper roofing. Photos in the Vancouver BC public library collection show the same material being used on the main CPR Vancouver freight shed in 1915.
Richard