Gesendet: Freitag, 24. April 2020 um 15:26 Uhr
Von: "Daniel A. Mitchell" <danmitch@...>
An: "main@realstmfc.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] former VGN cars?
A few of the big ex VGN “Battleship” gons ended up at Northwestern Steel & Wire in Rockford, IL. They were there in the early 1980’s at least, still showing some VGN lettering, being used for scrap iron movements within the plant, and terribly beat-up. They were being moved about by a bunch of ex GTW 0-8-0 and 2-8-2 steam locos, also in terrible shape.

Dan Mitchell

On Apr 23, 2020, at 7:08 PM, Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi List Members,

Are the six axle gons former VGN cars? If so, they are far from home.

More information can be found at the link below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund