Re: B&O P-25D in HO

Jim King

Thanks, Eric.

I used Micro Scale’s TF-2 (black) which is shown as out of stock on their web site.  Any blank decal paper can be used, just paint it the color you want.  For my application, I taped off a small section of TF-2 with blue painter’s tape and shot the uncovered area with Rust-Oleum Crystal Clear Enamel to get a glossy finish.  When dry, I cut out panels sized to be a tad bigger than the “restenciled” characters and applied it like any other decal.  The white graphics went on next.  I’ve seen many examples of brown patches on black cars and the reverse.  Whatever the car shop guys had handy is what got used quite often.

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/