Re: B&O P-25D in HO

Tim O'Connor

Jim

I think he meant the tiny "air pockets" visible in your photo. I think we
recently discussed this - it can be fixed prior to an overcoat with pin-pricks
and additional decal solvent, but afterwards - not so much.

It doesn't detract from your model! I HAVE this B&O Intermountain flat car so
I will be looking at your instructions for the equipment locker. :-)

Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

On 4/24/2020 12:15 PM, Jim King wrote:

I don’t understand your comment re: a “shadow” around the decal edges.  Nothing shows up on my images and except in 1 spot where a little white from an adjoining decal was included when I cut from a sheet.  The posted image, being low rez, might be slightly distorted.  I’ve attached a close up of lettering but also low rez just to be emailable.  I don’t seen any “shadow” around lettering that you asked about.  Maybe I’m missing something?

The car was painted Floquil Grimy black with 10% gloss added and the thin-film decals nestled in quickly with diluted Solvaset, then full-strength Solvaset on the 2nd application.  The car was oversprayed with Rustoleum Frosted Clear, when weathering applied in multiple layers on top of that.  No clear coat was applied after dusting simply because the coating obliterates the powders.

These cars were used to haul plasterboard (“sheet rock”) and the loads were wrapped in Gold Bond orange and white sheets.  I’m planning to create this load and present it to the B&O Modeler staff as a follow up article.

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts