Re: Santa Fe Fe-24 and Fe-28 photos

Tim O'Connor

You sure about that Jim ? None of these cars have steam or signal lines.

On 4/25/2020 2:04 AM, Jim Gates via groups.io wrote:
Specifically, the 200 Fe-24 delivered for passenger service came with the Allied Full Cushion. The other 300 came with Barber S2 trucks. When 100 of these were modified for passenger service some got A-3 trucks. And most of the original passenger service cars either traded with the remaining freight ones or received A-3 trucks. All the Allied full Cushions disappeared in the late 40s. There are pictures of Fe-24 cars with other experimental trucks in the late 40s, these were short lived one shots.

Jim Gates
On Friday, April 24, 2020, 05:59:04 PM CDT, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Todd Sullivan wrote:

I have been looking on the web for several days trying to find clear photos of Santa Fe's class Fe-24 and Fe-28 50' double door boxcars.  I have a kit for each (P2K for Fe-24, Branchline for Fe-28), and I need to know what kind of trucks each one had, and check out other details before I proceed with the builds.

    The FE-24 cars got ASF A-3 trucks later (many were delivered with Allied Full Cushion). The -28s were delivered with A-3. This from the Hendrickson book on ATSF auto cars.

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts