Re: Rapido NP boxcar

Brian Carlson

I agree the shape of the Rapido truck is nice. The issue is the spring plank is prominent in photos and absent or subtle on the model.

Brian J. Carlson

On Apr 25, 2020, at 3:04 PM, Kemal Mumcu via groups.io <kemal_mumcu@...> wrote:

I'm not an NP expert but I believe these cars kept the Rapido trucks their whole life. I bought some Tahoe trucks thinking the detail would be better but I found the Rapido trucks much closer to the prototype.

You can just file down that protruding portion on the Rapido frame and use any truck type you want really.

The bigger challenge for me was filing down the bolster height so the Rapido trucks sit at the right height on this car.

Colin Meikle