Re: C&I hopper was Anthracite Hopper in S.W. Virginia Coal Fields

Bruce Smith

Sorry, was that was supposed to be C&I, not C&EI
-Bruce

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Bruce Smith <smithbf@...>
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2020 4:29 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] C&EI hopper was Anthracite Hopper in S.W. Virginia Coal Fields

More correctly called an "offset side hopper" and in the case of the of the C&I hopper, this is an "Alternate Standard AAR offset hopper". I'm more familiar with the "chisel end" being applied to a variant of this hopper, where the end goes to the offset about 1/2 way down the 1st panel instead of using the whole length of the panel.

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL