Re: Rapido NP boxcar

John Larkin

Judging by the condition of the brake shoes I'd say that car isn't exactly revenue service on any line now!

John

On Saturday, April 25, 2020, 5:46:59 PM CDT, brianleppert@... <brianleppert@...> wrote:

As Northern Pacific is a favorite road and I have two Sunshine kits for the 10000-13999 boxcars, I wanted to add a similar truck to the Tahoe Model Works line.  The closest I could find was under an Illinois Central car at the Illinois Railway museum (always a Sunday stop after the Naperville meet).  That became TMW-114/214.  The bolster end isn't right for the NP cars, but perfect for my Sunshine IC boxcar kit.  All-in-all, the best I could do.

On a later vacation passing through Hill City, SD, found an NP boxcar and quickly trespassed to get a photo of the truck.

Photos attached.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV
please visit resincarworks.com/tahoe.htm

Attachments: