Re: Santa Fe Fe-24 and Fe-28 photos

Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>

Hi Tim,

    As a New Englander you are aware I expect of the fact that both the B&N and New Haven bought surplus
troop sleepers and converted them into baggage and baggage mail cars. Given the problems associated and
known with the Allied Full Cushion trucks I believe that n both roads they were swapped out by the end of 1950
or 1951 at the latest. Thus I am wondering just how "certain" the photo date you cite for the Santa Fe car is..
What chance is there that it might be incorrect or what do the majority of Santa Fe modelers have to offer?

My best, Don Valentine