Remember the "ban" was for UNRESTRICTED INTERCHANGE only - railroads could run cars
with AFC trucks on their own tracks. The Alaska Railroad used them for DECADES.

Tim O'

On 4/26/2020 6:38 PM, James SANDIFER wrote:

I was quoting Richard Hendrickson in my earlier reply. I too would question the late date for the Allied trucks.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Donald B. Valentine via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2020 5:07 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Santa Fe Fe-24 and Fe-28 photos

Hi Tim,

    As a New Englander you are aware I expect of the fact that both the B&N and New Haven bought surplus

troop sleepers and converted them into baggage and baggage mail cars. Given the problems associated and

known with the Allied Full Cushion trucks I believe that n both roads they were swapped out by the end of 1950

or 1951 at the latest. Thus I am wondering just how "certain" the photo date you cite for the Santa Fe car is..

What chance is there that it might be incorrect or what do the majority of Santa Fe modelers have to offer?

My best, Don Valentine

Sterling, Massachusetts