Photo: Metallic Blasting Shot Load In Boxcar

Andy Carlson

This SP&S car is one of several 11000 series of SP&S 40' cars which has an odd pre-1947 Youngstown door. I have seen photos of about 5 others. Could this have been a change during shopping, or were these pre-war doors left overs selected during the NP's building this class of cars for the SP&S? The huge majority of doors used bfor nthis class of box cars were the correct-for-the-era 5/6/6 improved Youngstown.
-Andy Carlson   Ojai CA

On Monday, April 27, 2020, 12:29:12 PM PDT, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Nice, and I can read the repack stencil too - GN RY in 1950

That's an SP&S 12000 series box car built in 1949 and it's pretty
weathered after under two years of service!

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*