Re: Full Cushion Survivors [was Santa Fe Fe-24 . . . ]

Steve SANDIFER

Both were troop sleepers.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Garth Groff and Sally Sanford
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 1:07 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Full Cushion Survivors [was Santa Fe Fe-24 . . . ]

Friends,

Here are two photos of Allied Full Cushion trucks under converted troop sleepers.

BAR C10 is a summer cabin near Tilton, New Hampshire, among a bunch of (mostly) restored cabooses on the old B&M line to Lincoln. The track belongs to the state and is mothballed, except for an occasional movement to the leased portions used the Clark family's two tourist railroads and their occasional "leaf peeper specials" in the autumn.

C&O camp car X1029 was resident in the yard at Charlottesville, seen here about 1985. The yard was downsized and demoted from a crew change point shortly after this photo. All the really cool old MW equipment was then scrapped.

I'm moving on to scanning my C&O negatives shortly. Lots of old MW boxcars in this section. I will be glad to share the photos of cars appropriate to our era if people here are interested. Sadly, I only had pocket camera at that time. The photos aren't the sharpest, but at least I got 'em, and Photoshop can do some amazing things to marginal images.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆