LNE 1923 box cars A question about the roofs of these cars

Schuyler Larrabee

It’s been mentioned that the original roofs were replaced “in the 50s.”   Now I realize that was likely a lengthy process, but I’d like to know what the roof was in the early 50s, even the late 40s.

I bought a Red Caboose kit at a train show several years ago, and when I opened it a week or so ago, discovered that someone had filched the roof out of the box.  Only the roof, but without a roof . . .

Ted C told me he >might< have a replacement roof, though is upgrade/modernization kit is out of production.

If someone has a suitable roof they could provide, I’d be happy to acquire same.

Thanks

Schuyler