Re: LNE 1923 box cars A question about the roofs of these cars

Todd Sullivan

Hmmm, never thought about the roof panels not lining up after narrowing the roof.

Such a replacement roof (40ft, narrow, overhanging eaves) would also be valuable for modeling NYC System 40ft USRA steel boxcars with replacement roofs.  I have several kits that I should start building sometime soon, and many of these cars had replacement roofs by 1950, according to photos.  Also, did similar USRA steel boxcars on the DL&W get reroofed?

I think the market for such a roof might be bigger than just LNE and MEC cars.

Todd Sullivan