Re: LNE 1923 box cars A question about the roofs of these cars

Bill Welch

With Branchline's permission I used their rectangular and diagonal paneled roofs to make the MEC and LNE roof patterns for the Speedwitch conversion kits and while the panels of the diagonal paneled roof do not line up exactly they are very close and that area is covered by the running board anyway so someone has to look very closely to see the mis-match.

Bill Welch
To clarify the outer edges of the diagonal panels line up exactly and indeed I used the outer edges to get each half aligned before joining them. The interior edges of the diagonal are slightly misaligned.

Bill Welch