Re: HO Tank Car Walkway Upgrades

Bill Welch

I am pretty sure Plano has a walkway made for the Red Caboose kit. I think mine is stored in the kit box. It will be no small project to use it however as there needs to be a LOT of cutting/whittling to come up with a decent looking u/f. I ordered three Kadee underframe/running board assemblies to attempt to graft them to Atlas tanks with their ridiculous underframe but have not done anything as yet.

I think most of the Broadway tank car should have wood, not steel running boards. It think most of the IM Type 27 similarly should have wood, not steel. Could be wrong however on both counts.

Bill Welch