Re: HO Tank Car Walkway Upgrades

Tony Thompson

Don Valentine wrote:

One thing we noticed on Plain Jane tank cars was that they often had a walkway on only one side of the dome. On some it  seemed to be on the left from the "B" end and on others on the right. We were never able to determine what the protocols were that decided whether a car would have walkways on both sides of the dome or only one side and which side if only one. Can anyone answer these questions?

     There is a simple answer, from Ed Kaminski who worked with the AC&F tank car plant for years. The answer? it was buyer choice.

Tony Thompson