Re: Carnegie Steel built some of the earliest 65 foot mill gons

mopacfirst

This collection was from a Utah photographer, so we can infer the photos were taken somewhere around there.  https://www.questia.com/magazine/1P3-94922271/a-photographic-saga-utah-and-the-shipler-family

The CSCO car appears to have proper ARA/MCB lettering to be suitable for interchange, so it may well have delivered a load of bar from Pittsburgh to this laydown yard.  It's not obvious if this is deformed rebar, or just long rolled bar.  Some of it might even be a bit shiny.  At all events, it's not lumber and it doesn't appear to me to be a labor dispute, maybe more like 'look how long this car is'.  But anything is possible if a researcher applies text that was not on the original artifact.

Ron Merrick