From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Ted Schnepf <railsunl@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2020 11:40 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Tank Car Placard Locations

Hi Bob,

there are no repeorting marks on the car. They must be inplant storage only.

Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet,
Elgin, Ill. 60120

847=697-5353

On Sunday, May 3, 2020, 11:36:52 AM CDT, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Tank Car Placard Locations

A 1920 photo from the University of Utah Library:

https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=539303&page=2&facet_format_t=%22image%2Fjpeg%22&q=%28%28oil%29+AND+%28railroad%29%29

I found this photo interesting from the standpoint of placard locations. On this tank car there are two previous and one current location for the placard.

Am I correct to assume there was no requirement or recommendation as to where to place the placard on the end of a tank car?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA