Re: Tank Car Placard Locations

Dennis Storzek

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 09:40 AM, Ted Schnepf wrote:
there are no reporting marks on the car. They must be inplant storage only.
I see the UTLX, just above the number, which has been stenciled on a paint patch. We had a long discussion a couple months ago on the effect of orthochromatic film on certain colors, and the Union Tank Line scheme was one where the lettering seems to disappear. Note how difficult the lettering is to see on the car to the right, but no evidence of paint patches on that car.

Dennis Storzek