Re: Tank Car Placard Locations

Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>

    The reporting marks are clearly present but the placards are another issue. Clearly some have been present
as the marks from the removal or two above the running board clearly show as does one below the running board.
But tank cars are not my forte so here we go with more questions. When did placard holders first come into general
use and when were standard locations for placard holders required? This car looks older than any requirements
other than the simple use of warning placards as to the cargo.

    I do have Ed Kaminski's  tank car book bit having arrived yesterday a 100 AM it's going to be awhile before it is
thoroughly read.

Cordially, Don Valentine