Re: Proto2000 Boxcars

Tim O'Connor

The most common difference between the prototype double door cars and the model is the doors
and the size of the door opening. And other things. (NKP had Viking roofs. Wabash had Superior
doors. usw.)

Also the FIRST RUN of Proto 2000 50 foot box cars had incorrect roofs ! I think many people tend
not to notice this - They had the wrong number of panels!

I believe it was fixed on the cars without end doors.

Tim O'Connor

On 5/4/2020 3:48 PM, rdgbuff56 via groups.io wrote:
Not sure.  But do have an updated for sale list.

Francis A. Pehowic, Jr.

On Monday, May 4, 2020, 7:42:23 PM UTC, Allen Cain <allencaintn@...> wrote:

Old subject but my memory is fading for some reason?

Were the P2K boxcars painted for the Southern accurate to any prototype?  I have several plus some undecorated kits that I am finally getting around to.

Thanks,

Allen Cain
_._,_._,

Sterling, Massachusetts